Thursday, December 1, 2011

Eco Holiday Gift Guide- DIY Edition

eco holiday gift guide

This gift guide has been my favorite to compile so far.  Of course, now I want to make every single thing on this list.  There's still time, right?


He's All Boy Blanket Tutorial
This blanket is made from thrifted men's flannel shirts.  Such a good idea and comfy, cozy too.


Organizer Wallet
This has been on my to do list for awhile.  I would like one for myself, but I think it would also make an excellent gift for a teacher or coworker.


Reversible Messenger Bag
I had to include one of my tutorials in the list.  This is by far the most viewed post on my site, so I thought I would include it. 
DSC_4452-edited 2

Chalkboard Mugs
I could not find a specific tutorial that went with this photo I found on pinterest.  It would be so easy to take some old or thrifted coffee mugs and paint them with chalkboard paint on the outside.  Easy peasy and cute too.




















Source: tumblr.com via Jennifer on Pinterest


Angry Birds 
Do you have someone in your life obsessed with Angry Birds?  This DIY tutorial shows you how to make a real life version of the famous game. 








I made this irish creme last year for some friends and happened to taste some of the leftovers. : ) It is very yummy. 




Boy-Ville
How cute are these little guys?  I know a few boys in my life that would love this set.
Source: lilblueboo.com via Gwen on Pinterest



I couldn't forget the girls.  I will have to work on my painting skills before I attempt these though.
Source: lilblueboo.com via Gwen on Pinterest


There are so many DIY tutorials out there.  Don't forget to check out my Tutorials Using Recycled Materials at the top of the page for more eco-firendly gift ideas.  

If you missed my other guides, they can be found here.

I am hoping to have a stocking stuffer edition tomorrow if I can get it all ready.  I also am think about having a week of wool projects next week.  I REALLY need to use up some of my wool. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment